Monday 28 March 2011

Serendipity

A tutorial for Just For Fun Challenge


Years ago when I learnt this it was called serendipity now they are calling it restructured paper well that's progress lol


What do you need, not a lot, what ever you have in your scrap box plus copy paper and glue of your choice.

select your scraps and stick them randomly covering the copy paper.( add punch out waste if you like )



Once your happy with the results you can stamp or emboss both if your like to tie the piece together



Now you have a unique piece of back ground paper you can do with what ever you like, cut it up and make inches punch shapes out of it or just use it as a background .




Not got any scraps not a problem :) tear colours out of a magazine


 


10 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Great tutorial thank you Von, your finished samples are lovely especially like the inchies. XOXO Zoe

sam21ski said...

Great tute Von, love your examples xxx

Shairon said...

Thanks for this interesting tut Von. Will give it a try later. xx

Joy said...

Thanks for the tut Von, will try it with my left over paint scraps. Reminds me of some crazy patchwork I once did! xx

Anonymous said...

I really like this idea. There are so many crafting possibilities with it. Thank you for the tutorial.
Regards Florence.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Great idea I have tons of scraps will give it a go.

Marie

Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll want to put a twitter icon to your site. Just marked down the url, but I had to do it manually. Just my $.02 :)

JoZart Designs said...

Ooh, Von, I haven't done this for ages and your lovely results inspire me to revisit this great technique.
Love JoZarty x

Alison said...

This is brilliant Von! Thanks for sharing! xx

Unknown said...

Lovely tutorial Von, easy to follow & plenty of completed projects. I have added it to the list of fav tutorials on my blog. Hope you don't mind :)
I have used the serendipity tecnique in the past, but not for ages, I might just do some more soon....
Jane x

Followers